A bomb was dropped on the sports world on Thursday when it was announced that NFL legend Dan Marino had had an affair and a child with then-35-year old Donna Savattere. Above, Savattere holds Chloe, the innocent young girl, now seven years old and confirmed to be Marino’s seventh child. He has six others with his wife of 28 years, Claire.
Now, new details are beginning to emerge regarding who this woman is.
This according to Heavy.com:
- First, Marino has been working as a pregame analyst for SBC since 2003. Savattere was working there as a production assistant at the time.
- Marino paid Savaterre millions to keep quiet regarding the affair and regarding young Chloe
- Marino had Savaterre move from California to Texas to start a new life without Marino involved personally
- Chloe was born two months before Marino’s induction into the NFL Hall of Fame
- Donna allowed Dan to meet his daughter in secret several times throughout the years
- Savaterre eventually used the money to move to the Upper West Side and Hamptons in New york, where she became a socialite, all the while keeping the origin of her child a secret
- She is now married to banker Nahill Younis, and the two have a son together
- After he marriage, Donna petitioned to have her daughter’s name changed from Chloe Alexis Savattere to Chloe Alexis Younis
- Her closest friends indeed did know that Marino was the father, and Savaterre was hoping the name change would allow her to move forward from the situation
Even all the time and money in the world, however, cannot escape the prying eyes of such ruthless gossipers as TMZ, the “news outlet” that originally broke the story.
Now, of course, Chloe must spend the rest of her life in a public circus she never wanted or asked for.