Well-seasoned potatoes bites, wrapped in crispy delicious bacon, are a guaranteed crowd pleaser. This recipe includes a spicy dipping sauce, but you could easily substitute ranch dressing or plain sour cream.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes; chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water; add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Bring water to a boil; continue to cook potatoes for 3-4 minutes (potatoes should be almost, but not fully, cooked).
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add rosemary, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and fresh pepper.
- Toss all ingredients until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Cut strips of bacon into thirds, widthwise.
- Wrap each potato bite with a piece of bacon, securing it with a toothpick.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (Make sure the are an inch apart; you may need to cook them in two batches).
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes; flip potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sour cream and hot sauce to make dipping sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve potatoes warm on a platter, alongside the dipping sauce.