Savory bacon and a tangy barbecue sauce go together perfectly, and the crispy crunch of the water chestnuts makes this a fan favorite appetizer.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 (8 oz) cans water chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Cut bacon in half, lengthwise; wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut; secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with cooking spray; arrange the water chestnut wraps in the baking dish.
- Bake the water chestnut wraps for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove water chestnuts from the oven and drain some of the grease out of the pan; pour the sauce over the wraps.
- Bake for 30 to 35 additional minutes.
- Allow water chestnut wraps to cool for 5 minutes; serve hot.
Miami Marlins pitcher Alex Sanabia had just given up a home run to the Phillies’ Domonic Brown and he reacted by throwing a spit ball.
Wyoming Cowboys coach Dave Christensen tweeted out this team poster putting the pop culture (read: Plot-free) phenomenon that is The Fast and the Furious.
The West Virginia Mountaineers baseball team stocked up on supplies near Moore, Oklahoma in order to help out the victims of the deadly tornado.
The Florida Gators defense is going to be even hungrier in 2013. Here’s a hype video to get you pumped up for the upcoming college footballs season.
Ray Rice’s suburban Baltimore home was burglarized late Friday, according to the Baltimore County police.The burglar made off with $2,000 and two guns.
After Tiger Woods called Sergio Garcia a whiner, Garcia agreed. Wait what? Yes, Garcia called himself a whiner in trying to take a shot at the legendary golfer.