This dip is also known as the best potato chip dip EVER. Who doesn’t love a good onion dip? It’s even better with real onions, caramelized and combined with creamy goat cheese. Serve this at your next football party.
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onion and garlic; season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until onion is caramelized and golden brown; stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine sour cream, goat cheese, and chives in a food processor; add onion mixture, and pulse until combined (about 10 pulses).
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste; pulse a few more times to mix in seasoning.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl; cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold with potato chips.