You’ll be the MVP when you show up at the tailgate with this winner. The tangy flavors of guacamole transform this potato salad into a delicious side dish.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled (pit removed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
1. In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water.
2. Add the 2 tablespoons of salt; bring potatoes to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes in a colander and allow to cool.
5. In a food processor, puree the avocado, lime zest and juice, garlic, cilantro, mayonnaise, and remaining salt, until smooth.
(If the dressing seems too thick, add a tablespoon or so of hot water)
6. Cut the potatoes into bite-size chunks (leaving the skin on); place them in a large bowl with the celery.
7. Scrape in the avocado mixture with a rubber spatula and gently stir it all together.
8. Serve immediately, or cover and chill.
VN:F [1.9.10_1130]Guacamole Potato Salad,
College football fans took to Twitter to express their utter shock over the fact that Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame.
In a shocking development, starting Fighting Irish quarterback Everett Golson is no longer enrolled at Notre Dame, obviously clouding his future as a football player.
Yeah, San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich is not exactly the most verbose guy when it comes to in-game interviews. Turnovers, anyone?
The Washington Nationals have begun selling cupcakes featuring the beard of outfielder Jayson Werth, because why not?
John Tortorella’s New York Rangers lost to the Boston Bruins, 3-1 on Saturday, prompting the team’s coach to drop an f-bomb on the sidelines.
San Francisco Giants center fielder Angel Pagan hit an inside-the-park, walk-off home run to beat the Colorado Rockies in the 10th inning.