For the latest videos and greatest plays, visit Gamedayr Film Room.
As one might imagine, no one at the DirecTV Celebrity Beach Bowl was taking the event or themselves too seriously — except for Li’l Wayne, who lost it in the middle of the trophy presentation at the end of the game.
Someone off camera must have said something to the iconic rapper, who proceeds — with a camera in his face — to go after that person while demanding an apology.
The video’s pretty grainy, especially because the cameraman cuts quickly back to the awards presentation after Weezy speaks his mind:
“Look at me, motherf—er. Look at me when you apologize.”
Whatever the person did must have been pretty bad to get the guy so worked up, but Wayne definitely could have responded in a far more controlled and appropriate manner. We’ve provided the man with a few suggestions:
- “Excuse me, kind sir, I feel that you may like to apologize to me for the actions you have committed.”
- “Maybe we should sit down in a drum circle and talk about this.”
- “Yo, Gandhi’s my homeboy, so I’m going to let you walk away from me right now.”
- “Yo, you suck.”
- “Yo, you really suck, now where’s my trophy?”
- “Wait, I don’t get a trophy? Is that why you’re making fun of me? At least I’ve got platinum records, ‘sup now?”
- “Oh yeah, and platinum teeth.”
- “Sir, your unexpected lack of penitence may result in our having to engage in fisticuffs.”
- “Thou shamefaced, regretful nature hath cost mineself great angst.”
As it stands, this video’s pretty funny, but wouldn’t it have been downright hilarious to see Weezy go straight Shakespeare on this punk?
h/t: Ride the Pine