Welcome to weird Friday. It’s a time when we roll out any and all the crazy shit that passes over the desks. One of the better bouts of weird from this past week was a fan “breaking up” with Kliff Kingsbury.
Here’s the skinny from the wild world of Reddit: a nice female fan of Kliff Kingsbury’s was receiving far too many eye rolls whenever she would talk about Cptn. Swag. Apparently a married mother of two, who’s also a Razorbacks fan, can’t have a little crush. Anywho, it was time to break things off with Kliff, so she sent a wonderful care package.
Kliff, being the coolest coach west of the Mighty Mississippi (Steven O. Spurrier has the East Bank covered), responded in kind. Below is complete documentation of the modern day Edna Pontellier and Alcée Arobin as they say adieu.
But wait, “What was on that mix tape,” you say. Well, glad you asked. Thanks to an inquisitive Redditor, Pam divulged the playlist.
- No Diggity – Blackstreet (it was first because it’s my all time favorite; 15+ years later and I still remember the lyrics!)
- If – Janet Jackson
- Get It On… Tonite – Montell Jordan
- Pony – Ginuwine
- Don’t Let Go – En Vogue
- Nice & Slow – Usher
- Red Light Special – TLC
- Anywhere – 112
- Candy Rain – Soul IV Real
- I’ll Make Love To You – Boyz II Men
- Come With Me – Shai (by the way, I’m amazed that Kliff’s karaoke song of choice was “If I Ever Fall in Love,” which is also one of my favorite songs)
- Twisted – Keith Sweat
- I Swear – All-4-One
Mrs. Pam Robles, what you did takes an enormous amount of willpower. I commend you. Especially knowing that my fiancee would never have the strength to tame her thirst.
It’s Kliff’s world and we’re all just living in it.