*Important: Candy thermometer is required.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 oz bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbs light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Chop the bacon into small bits.
- Butter a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, butter, and syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 300 degrees on a candy thermometer (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in baking soda, until well blended; add bacon bits.
- Immediately pour the mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a large spoon to quickly spread the brittle into a thin, even layer (lightly oil spoon if it sticks to mixture).
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow the brittle to cool completely, then break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.