Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 tbs butter
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 6 oz chorizo sausage
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- kosher salt
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Remove chorizo from casing; cook in a medium skillet over medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Use a spatula to break up the sausage, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion; cook until onions become translucent (3-5 minutes).
- Add thyme and a dash of kosher salt; lower heat to medium-low and continue to cook onions for about 20 minutes, until they become soft and caramelized.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise; mix well, until smooth.
- Add mozzarella cheese, caramelized onions, and green onions; mix until well blended.
- Gently fold in chorizo.
- Transfer mixture to a 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until dip is golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot, with baguette slices or tortilla chips.