The intense flavors of traditional guacamole combine with the creaminess of hummus, resulting in a uniquely delicious dip. This is very simple to throw together for your next football party.
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bunch cilantro, washed and drained
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor.
- Process for 3-4 minutes until mixture is smooth, scraping down the bowl once or twice during the pureeing.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl; stir in olive oil.
- Season with additional sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Serve with pita chips, raw veggies or tortilla chips.