This scrumptious potato dish is the perfect side for a BBQ, so cheesy and full of flavor. Feel free to add crumbled bacon or diced ham, to kick it up a notch. It could even be served cold, as a cheesy potato salad.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup and sour cream.
- Next, stir in shredded cheddar, onion, and garlic.
- Add hashbrown potatoes to mixture; stir until potatoes are well coated.
- Add salt; add pepper, to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While hashbrowns are baking, mix crushed cornflakes with 4 oz melted butter.
- After 30 minutes, pour remaining 4 oz of melted butter evenly over hashbrowns.
- Top evenly with crushed cornflakes mixture.
- Continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until top appears brown and crispy.
- Serve warm.