According to NFL Draft savant Gil Brandt, there will be 10 college coaches in New York at this year’s event. They run from championship head coaches Urban Meyer and Les Miles to South Carolina’s defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward. Buffalo’s Jeff Quinn is reportedly bringing 200 guests to celebrate Khalil Mack’s expected first round selection.
Below is a list of the attendees:
- Brady Hoke – Michigan (HC)
- Jerry Kill – Minnesota (HC)
- Gus Malzahn – Auburn (HC)
- Urban Meyer – Ohio State (HC)
- Les Miles – LSU (HC)
- Gary Patterson – TCU (HC)
- Jeff Quinn – Buffalo (HC)
- Kevin Sumlin – Texas A&M (HC)
- Dabo Swinney – Clemson (HC)
- Lorenzo Ward – South Carolina (DC)
For those of you who like to overindulge in NFL Draft info, trivia and general happenings, I strongly recommend following Brandt’s Twitter feed. It’s an encyclopedia on steroids.
*UPDATE* According to Brandt, two more coaches – Nick Saban and David Shaw – will be in attendance, bringing the total number to 12.