Fritters made from grits, loaded with bacon and cheddar cheese. These are so easy to make, and even easier to eat. You should probably double the recipe for get-togethers.
Total Time: 4 hours, 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 16 (32 fritters)
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (8 slices) cooked and finely crumbled bacon
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare grits according to package directions, using 4 cups milk and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, onion, and ground pepper; mix until blended and cheese is melted.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly-greased 8-inch square baking dish; chill for at least 4 hours.
- Roll grits mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Whisk together eggs and 1/4 cup water.
- Dip balls in egg wash, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- In a large, deep skillet, pour oil to depth of 3 inches; heat over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry fritters, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm, with your favorite dressing (we recommend Ranch).
VN:F [1.9.10_1130]Bacon Grits Fritters,
After being accused of fouling hard on purpose, Miami Heat forward Shane Battier explained that he is only doing his job, and that is to win basketball games.
Nebraska Cornhuskers defensive end Avery Moss is facing up to six months in jail for exposing himself to a convenience store employee. Twice.
Bo Jackson’s 1991 Nike Air Trainer Max shoes are set to be re-released on May 25, and they are still as ballin’ as ever. What else was going on in 1991?
Jose Canseco once again took to Twitter to promise to take a lie detector test after a woman told police that he had raped her.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick is confident that is still the fastest player at his position in the NFL., challenges others to a race-off.
In light of the NBA first teams being released, here is the All-NBA Hair Team for the 2012-13 season. Which players have the best hairdos?