This popular appetizer is always a huge hit at parties; in fact, you may want to double the recipe. Nothing beats the savory flavor of bacon, combined with cream cheese… the best stuffed mushroom you’ll ever eat!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bacon into small pieces.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and set aside; reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease and pour the rest from pan.
- While bacon is cooking, remove mushroom stems from caps; dice stems until finely chopped.
- In the same pan used to cook bacon, saute onions until soft, about 5 minutes (be sure to scrape the bottom of pan, loosening up any brown bits).
- Add chopped mushroom stems and garlic; cook for 3 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream cheese and parmesan cheese, stirring until cheeses are melted.
- Add cooked bacon to pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove mixture from heat and transfer to large bowl.
- Stuff each mushroom cap generously with mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes (350 degrees), or until mushrooms are soft and filling is hot.