All the intense Cajun flavors of traditional gumbo, combined into a creamy dip that is to die for. Serve with crackers and a side of Louisiana hot sauce, for those that like a little kick!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¾ cup sliced okra pods
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1½ lbs large shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add bell pepper, okra, and celery to pan; sauté until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the green onions, garlic, and Cajun seasoning; cook 1 minute more, just until fragrant.
- Stir in the shrimp, cream cheese, and Parmesan.
- Stir over low heat until the cream cheese is melted and everything is evenly mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers or toasted crostinis.
VN:F [1.9.10_1130]Gumbo Dip,
Sergio Garcia made a racist “fried chicken” comment regarding Tiger Woods, now Woods has chimed in on the remark via Twitter.
Jesse James completely severed his finger, chopping off the entire top half of his right hand’s pinky. He then shared this photo to Instagram.
The first half of the Memphis Grizzlies’ Game 2 playoff showdown against San Antonio did not go as planned. This 20-second sequence pretty much sums it up.
Oklahoma Sooners coach Bob Stoops said that the tornado which devastated Moore passed only mile away from his home, while his family was inside.
Memphis Grizzlies forward Quincy Pondexter rose up and dunked all over the Spurs’ Boris Diaw during their Game 2 NBA Playoff showdown in San Antonio.
Will Muschamp’s kids, Jackson and Whit, perfect the “Muschamp Stare” in a new Florida Gators promotional video for the 2013 season.