This scrumptious potato dish is the perfect side for a BBQ, so cheesy and full of flavor. Feel free to add crumbled bacon or diced ham, to kick it up a notch. It could even be served cold, as a cheesy potato salad.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 (32 oz) bag of frozen hashbrown potatoes, shredded or cubed
- 1 (14.5oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz melted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cup cornflakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup and sour cream.
- Next, stir in shredded cheddar, onion, and garlic.
- Add hashbrown potatoes to mixture; stir until potatoes are well coated.
- Add salt; add pepper, to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While hashbrowns are baking, mix crushed cornflakes with 4 oz melted butter.
- After 30 minutes, pour remaining 4 oz of melted butter evenly over hashbrowns.
- Top evenly with crushed cornflakes mixture.
- Continue baking for another 15 minutes, or until top appears brown and crispy.
- Serve warm.
The LSU Tigers dominated Arkansas on the mound and scored just enough runs to advance past the Razorbacks, 3-1, in the SEC conference tournament semifinals.
In an epic finish to an exciting Champions League final, Arjen Robben scored the go-ahead goal in the 89th minute to lift his Bayern Munich squad over Dortmund.
Dortmund goalie Roman Weidenfeller managed to make a save against Bayern Munich, but only because the shot smashed off his face. Ouch.
America is more cynical than ever. In today’s sports world, is it okay to root for the superstar, LeBron James, or are we too jaded to respect players outside of our teams?
On Saturday, thousands turned out to run the final mile of the Boston Marathon after tragic terrorist attacks stopped the race in its tracks on April 15.
The Seattle Mariners asked ESPN’s John Clayton to throw out the ceremonial first pitch, so the reporter hit the gym to whip himself into the shape.