The computers and voters will once again be tasked with unveiling updated BCS Poll standings following Week 9 of the 2013 college football season.
Before then, however, we take a stab at projecting how the top 10 will shape up. The top four is easy: The cream of the national crop in Alabama, Florida State, Oregon and Ohio State all rolled over their respective in-conference competition.
After that, things get a bit messy. Mizzou lost to South Carolina in double overtime. We have kept the Tigers in the top 10, but only because both No. 10 Texas Tech and No. 12 UCLA lost. No. 13 LSU did not play good enough competition in Furman to prove it belongs to be back in the top 10, for now.
Baylor crushed Kansas, winning its 11th consecutive game dating back to last season. We have the Bears jumping ahead of fellow unbeaten Miami after the Hurricanes struggled putting away an overmatched opponent for the second straight week.
Finally, there’s a new SEC team in our projections. After opening the year unranked, Auburn and first-year coach Gus Malzahn are flying high at 7-1 on the season. They deserve to be here.
Check out the full top 10 projections below. How do you think the BCS will look?
10. Mizzou Tigers, Lost to South Carolina, 27-24
9. Auburn Tigers, Beat Florida Atlantic, 45-10
8. Clemson Tigers – Beat Maryland, 40-27
7. Stanford Cardinal – Beat Oregon State, 20-12
6. Miami Hurricanes – Beat Wake Forest, 24-21
5. Baylor Bears – Beat Kansas, 59-14
4. Ohio State – Beat Penn State, 63-14
3. Oregon Ducks – Beat UCLA Bruins, 42-14
2. Florida State Seminoles – Beat NC State, 49-17
1. Alabama Crimson Tide – Beat Tennessee, 45-10