The 2014 NFL Draft has wrapped up, and there are eight new Alabama Crimson Tide players in the league. According to AL.com, Alabama tied Notre Dame for second highest amount drafted – trailing only LSU, who had nine players. By comparison, in-state rival Auburn only had four selections.
CJ Mosley and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix were the two Tide players taken in the first round, going to the Ravens and Packers respectively. After a long wait (and even a false alarm), quarterback AJ McCarron was finally picked in the fifth round by the Cincinnati Bengals.
Below is a complete list of the Alabama players selected in the draft, along with their new teams, the round and pick number.
- CJ Mosley – Baltimore Ravens (Rd. 1/Pk. 17)
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix – Green Bay Packers (Rd. 1/Pk. 21)
- Cyrus Kouandjio – Buffalo Bills (Rd. 2/Pk. 44)
- Kevin Norwood – Seattle Seahawks (Rd. 4/Pk. 123)
- Ed Stinson – Arizona Cardinals (Rd. 5/Pk. 160)
- AJ McCarron – Cincinnati Bengals (Rd. 5/Pk. 164)
- Vinnie Sunseri – New Orleans Saints (Rd. 5/Pk. 167)
- Jeoffrey Pagan – Houston Texans (Rd. 6/Pk. 177)
Former NFL executive Gil Brandt lists three Tide players as top undrafted free agents: Anthony Steen (No. 1 guard), Adrian Hubbard (No. 1 outside linebacker), and Deion Belue (No. 5 cornerback).