The College Football Playoff selection committee has its very first chairman. Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long will preside over the men (and women) who select teams for the FBS-level playoffs.
Long will be leading the 13-person committee beginning with the 2014-15 season. On Monday, Long took to Twitter to express gratitude over his selection.
According to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy, the 12 other members of the committee will be formally announced in a Dallas news conference on Wednesday. However, the names have already been reported:
• Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez
• Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Gould, a former Air Force Academy superintendent
• USC athletic director Pat Haden
• Former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt
• West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck
• Former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning
• Former Nebraska athletic director/coach Tom Osborne
• Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich
• Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese
• Former USA Today reporter Steve Wieberg
• Former Stanford/Notre Dame/Washington coach Tyrone Willingham