Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 5 ripe haas avocados
- 1 (16 oz) package of bacon
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 chipotles in adobe, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime (you may want to use 1/2 a lime first, then add more to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place bacon on oven-safe wire rack on top of baking sheet (drippings will catch on aluminum foil).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Remove bacon from oven and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain; let cool.
- Meanwhile, remove pit from avocados; spoon avocado into a large mixing bowl.
- Add red onion, cilantro, chipotles, and lime juice (to taste) to the avocado.
- Mix gently until avocado is at desired consistency (I prefer to leave my chunky).
- Crumble the cooled bacon and stir 3/4 of it into the guacamole.
- Add salt and pepper to guacamole, to taste.
- Top guacamole with remaining crumbled bacon; serve with tortilla shots.