Football season means it is time to tailgate, and no gameday is complete without bacon! Here is your bacon tailgating recipe of the week.
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 10 jalapeños peppers
- 23 bacon slices
- 20 mini sausages or smokies
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the jalapeños lengthwise; using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane.
- Place the jalapeño halves on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook three slices of bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel to drain. Once cool, crumble the bacon.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, monterey jack, cajun seasoning, green onion, and crumbled bacon.
- Fill the hollowed jalapeño halves with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the mini sausages on top of the cream cheese.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño tightly with a piece of bacon. If needed, use a toothpick to secure the bacon.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Allow at least 10 minutes to cool before serving.