Photo: Cotton Bowl turf rolled up and stored...
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound bacon
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 (8 oz) cans water chestnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Cut bacon in half, lengthwise; wrap one slice of bacon around each chestnut; secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with cooking spray; arrange the water chestnut wraps in the baking dish.
- Bake the water chestnut wraps for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove water chestnuts from the oven and drain some of the grease out of the pan; pour the sauce over the wraps.
- Bake for 30 to 35 additional minutes.
- Allow water chestnut wraps to cool for 5 minutes; serve hot.