These are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Rich chocolate combined with stout Guinness beer make some seriously delicious cupcakes, especially when topped with this sweet cream cheese frosting .
Total Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup Guinness stout
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use one tablespoon of butter to grease a muffin tin.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine Guinness and butter; heat to melt the butter.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Add sour cream mixture to the beer mixture.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda; fold into the batter.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin molds and bake for 25 minutes (or until inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Let stand 10 minutes; remove from muffin tin and cool completely on a rack.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Sift in confectioners sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add milk and beat until smooth.
- Spread glaze over cooled cupcakes. Enjoy!