Another weekend of college football is in the books. Week 2 didn’t have quite as many high-profile games as Week 1, but the slate still provided fantastic viewing, capped off by a classic Michigan vs Notre Dame game.
With a new AP Poll set to be released on Sunday, there will be changes. South Carolina, ranked No. 6-nationally before Saturday, lost to Georgia Between the Hedges, 41-30. Now that both SEC schools have one loss, neither should find itself in the top 10, at least for another week. Another conference powerhouse, Florida, basically gave Miami the upset win after turning the ball over five times in a 21-16 loss.
The SEC will more than likely represent less than half of the AP Top 10 for the first time in what seems like forever.
Oklahoma State opened the year with a win over Mississippi State and then clobbered UTSA on Saturday. The two wins should scoot them up and into the top 10.
Florida State and Alabama were both idle this week, but the Seminoles should climb a spot and Bama will most likely retain its hold on the No. 1 spot after the rest of the week’s results.
How will the rest of the top 10 shake out?
10. Oklahoma State Cowboys – Beat Texas-San Antonio, 56-35 (Georgia could easily slide into this spot as well, but we are taking a gamble and saying the pollsters show Ok State some love)
9. Florida State Seminoles -BYE
8. LSU Tigers – Beat UAB, 56-17
7. Louisville Cardinals – Beat Eastern Kentucky, 44-7
6. Texas A&M Aggies – Beat Sam Houston State, 65-28
5. Stanford Cardinal – Beat San Jose State 34-14
4. Clemson Tigers – Beat South Carolina State, 52-13
3. Ohio State Buckeyes – Beat San Diego State Aztecs, 42-7
2. Oregon Ducks – Beat Virgina Cavaliers, 59-10
1. Alabama Crimson Tide – BYE