Where To Be
When it comes to a Miami gameday the only place to tailgate is where you park around Sun Life Stadium. The parking lots surround all four sides, and the earlier you arrive the closer the spot you can snag towards the stadium. Gates typically open 4 hours prior to kickoff (5 hours for select games) but for a prime spot head there even before that to get in line. If you have more than one vehicle make sure you arrive at the same time in order to get in line together. Unlike previous years when parking was a free for all, now it is controlled by parking attendants.
The Game Time Spot
Tickets are a UM football game are readily available as the Hurricanes rarely sell out. Combine that with the fact that the stadium is in the middle of nowhere when it comes to bars and nightlife, and you should definitely get into the game. The parking lot during games is rather dead as usually everyone that tailgates has a ticket.
Family Friendly Tailgating
Tailgating Rules & Regulations
Tailgating is a big part of the gameday experience for many fans. For safety and enjoyment of all, Sun Life Stadium asks that you please follow these Tailgating tips:
- Occupy only ONE parking space per vehicle. Please do not save spaces for others.
- Tailgate directly behind your vehicle using the designated 8’x10’ space outlined on the ground.
- Do not block the fire lane with tents or other items; the lane is needed for emergency response vehicles. Miami-Dade Police Officers will patrol these areas to ensure compliance.
- No box trucks, trailers, grills in-tow or any catering service from an outside source may be brought in.
- No kegs are allowed on the property. Anyone dispensing beer from a keg will be asked to leave and the keg will be confiscated.
- No golf carts or motorized scooters of any kind permitted.
- No generators, home speakers, banners and/or DJ’s may be used.
- Please keep music volume low and do not play music with inappropriate language.
- Barbeque grills are allowed, open-flame fires are not permitted.
- Extinguish hot coals with water before leaving the area.
- Do NOT dispose of charcoal briquettes on the ground. After they are cold, place them in a plastic bag and deposit them in a trash bin.
Please remember that Sun Life Stadium is private property and our rules and regulations will be strictly enforced for the safety and convenience of our guests.