Where To Be
UCLA plays its home football games at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Your best bet is to head to the stadium grounds and pay $20 to park on the golf course that surrounds the Rose Bowl. The back drop of the golf course sets up for a very nice tailgating area.
Family Friendly Tailgating
For fans bringing the family, or not wanting to set up their own tailgate, head to the UCLA Fan Zone. The UCLA Fan Zone caters to all football fans: families, sports fans, alumni and students. It is located on the southeast side of the stadium in Lot H.
The UCLA Fan Zone showcases:
- AM570 KLAC / ISP Radio Stage
- Jumbo Screen Television
- Food Vendors
- Bruin Kids Club
- UCLA Store
- Interactive Entertainment & Activities
- VIP Hospitality
- Pre Game Huddle Tailgate Tent
- UCLA Spirit Squad & Alumni Band Performance
The UCLA Fan Zone opens four (4) hours prior to kick-off and admission is free.
Tailgating Rules & Regulations
Following are rules that fans should follow when tailgating at the Rose Bowl:
- Public intoxication and alcohol impaired behavior will be addressed aggressively by law enforcement. If you see alcohol related behavior getting out of hand, please IMMEDIATELY contact Tailgating Ambassadors, Police, or Parking Personnel or call 911 to report the location and to describe the incident. Pasadena Police, security and parking personnel will be present to ensure that you enjoy the game in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Please do not use glass containers. All drinks should be placed in plastic/disposable cups.
- Playing of games that involve the consumption of alcohol or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia are prohibited.
- Use of controlled substances and underage drinking are against the law.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages in tailgating areas after kick-off is prohibited.
- Excessively loud amplified music (such as DJ’s or live entertainment) is prohibited. Music with inappropriate language is prohibited in the tailgating areas.
- Selling of items or soliciting of any promotional or marketing activities are prohibited without written authorization from the event promoter and the Rose Bowl Operating Company. For additional information, contact the Rose Bowl administration office at (626) 577-3100.
- Open flames are not permitted in any tailgate or parking area. Charcoal grills are not permitted in the RV parking area (West Drive). All barbecue grills must be raised off the ground.
- Charcoal grills are permitted in most tailgate areas. Please dispose of charcoal properly after use.
- Overnight parking is prohibited.
- Parking lots close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the game.
- Parking is first come-first served. No saving of parking spaces is permitted.
- Please be respectful to fans around you, other vehicles and stadium property.
- Roadways, aisles and other parking areas must be kept clear of tailgating equipment so that other vehicles and emergency personnel may park or pass through.
- Tailgating at your vehicle should not interfere with the normal flow of traffic. Tailgating Ambassadors will patrol these areas to ensure compliance.
- Guests must tailgate in front of or behind their vehicle only.
- General parking lots (golf course, ball diamonds, Area H, West Drive RV parking) open six (6) hours prior to kick-off. When entering the parking lot, it is important to follow directions from parking personnel. Please note that there are no “in and out” privileges for vehicles.
- Tailgating Ambassadors will continuously patrol the lots to provide information and assistance and to ensure that tailgaters comply with established guidelines. Tailgating Ambassadors will be dressed in green uniforms and will be on bicycles.
- A small tent (not larger than 10’x10′) may be erected in front of or behind your vehicle only.
- Please do your best to clean up your tailgating area before entering the game. Bring trash bags with you to dispose of trash. Neatly tied trash bags can be left at your tailgate area or taken to dumpsters located throughout the parking lot areas. Please refrain from leaving loose trash and litter in the parking areas.
- Box trucks, trailers, grill in-tow or any catering service from an outside source are not permitted in parking lots.
- Tailgate areas are for tailgating only. Organized, large-scale parties will be accommodated only in specific areas of Rose Bowl parking lots and must be arranged in advance through Rose Bowl Management. Examples of organized, large-scale parties include, but are not limited to: tents larger than 10’x 10′; rental furniture, on-site catered food; fencing; reserved space; amplified sound; commercial grills, corporate or commercially sponsored parties. For more information concerning organized parties, contact RBOC (626) 577-3100.
- If you need assistance or observe a potential problem, contact Tailgating Ambassadors, Police, or Parking Personnel or call 911.