Where To Be
Family Friendly Tailgating
Bringing the family? Head to the Sun Devil Club Tailgate party. The Sun Devil Club Tailgate parking is free to everyone, and features the Junior Sun Devil Club Kids Zone, big screen tv’s with college football action from around the country, KTAR’s live pre-game radio show and food and beverages available for purchase all in the air conditioned comfort of Wells Fargo Arena. This tailgate area open three hours before kickoff. Following are Sun Devil Club Tailgate Guidelines:
Items allowed inside:
- Sealed or empty water bottles, 44 ounces or less
- Banners, signs and flags are allowed, provided these items meet prescribed guidelines. Banners and signs cannot be hung over any existing signage, block the view of another guest, or contain any advertisements or profanities. Poles of any kind or size are not allowed.
- Camera’s in which the length of the lens is smaller than the width of the base unit is allowed into the stadium.
- Bags 12″x12″x 12″ or Smaller
- Outside beverages/containers/cans (except sealed or empty water bottles, 44 ounces or less)
- Poles or hard objects
- Bags larger than 12″x12″x12″
- Animals (except service animals)
- Artificial noisemakers
- Large/golf umbrellas
- Glass containers
- Ice chests/coolers
- Thermos bottles
Tailgating Rules & Regulations
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted, but are limited to beer and wine. Liquor is not permitted under Arizona law.
- Glass containers are not prohibited, but ASU police encourage people to choose cans or plastic bottles instead.
- People consuming alcohol must be the legal age of 21 or older, and are not allowed to bring any alcohol inside the stadium.
- Groups providing/serving alcohol to more than 20 guests, such as an organized company function, must obtain an alcohol permit.
- Drinking games and binge drinking are prohibited.
- Grilling may be done in open parking lots and on the roof of parking structures. No charcoal grills are allowed.
- Tailgating is allowed in all university parking lots and structures 3.5 hours before kick-off and up to one hour after the game ends.
- Other recreational games such as bean-bag toss, football, etc., are permitted as long as a competitive drinking aspect is not involved.
References: Arizona State University, TheSunDevils.CSTV.com