This is an upgrade to your typical spinach dip. Onions and peppers provide a depth of flavor to this creamy concoction, and the sharpness of the goat cheese really bring this dip to another level.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bag spinach
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crispy.
- Leaving grease in skillet, remove bacon and place on a plate lined with paper towel, to drain.
- In the same large skillet over medium heat, add onions, peppers, and a pinch of salt; saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; saute 5 more minutes. Add garlic and spinach, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer.
- Fold in spinach, pepper, and mushroom mixture; fold in goat cheese; fold in bacon.
- Transfer dip to an oven-safe dish; bake for 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers, bread and/or veggies.