Grinnell College has a scoring machine and his name is Jack Taylor. Taylor made headlines last season for dropping 138 points in a game.
On Sunday, he eclipsed the 100-point plateau again, scoring 109 against Crossroads. He was 35-of-70 from the field and 24-of-48 from beyond the arc.
In two games this season he’s scored 109 and 71, meaning he’s averaging a mind-boggling 90.0 points per game – more than some teams are scoring for an entire game.
According to CBS Sports, Taylor owns three of the top five scoring performances in Division III history.
- 138: Jack Taylor (2012-13)
- 109: Jack Taylor (2013-14)
- 89: Griffin Lentsch (2012-13)
- 77: Jeff Clement (1997-98)
- 71: Jack Taylor (2013-14)