Jameis Winston was awarded the 2013 Heisman Trophy following a spectacular season for the Florida State Seminoles. Winston led the ‘Noles to a 12-0 regular season record, ACC championship win over Duke, and a 2014 BCS National Championship Game berth. He also navigated FSU to its first No. 1 ranking since the Seminoles’ 1999 championship season.
Winston became the second ever (redshirt) freshman to win the award, joining Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel.
Below are the results for the 79th Heisman Trophy balloting:
- Jameis Winston* (Florida State) – 2,205 points (668 first place votes)
- A.J. McCarron (Alabama) – 704 points (79 first place votes)
- Jordan Lynch (Northern Illinois) – 558 points
- Andre Williams (Boston College) – 470 points
- Johnny Manziel ( Texas A&M) – 421 points
- Tre Mason (Auburn) – 404 points
*Winston won despite being left off 115 ballots completely.
[Data via ESPN]