ESPN college football analyst Todd McShay has named Georgia’s Jarvis Jones to his early season Top 5 Heisman Picks. The 6’3″ junior linebacker was one of two defensive players to make the list, and the only SEC player to be featured in McShay’s Top 5.
Jones, who has only played in three games this season, has recorded eye popping numbers so far this year. He has 4.5 sacks, to go along with three forced fumbles and an interception. His play is one of the main reasons that the Dawg’s are favored to represent the East in the SEC title game on December 1. It would be Georgia’s second consecutive appearance in Atlanta.
Here are McShay’s Top 5 Heisman Picks:
1. Collin Klein, Senior, QB, Kansas State Wildcats
2. Geno Smith, Senior, QB, West Virginia Mountaineers
3. Manti Te’O, Senior, LB, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
4. Braxton Miller, Sophomore, QB, Ohio State Buckeyes
5. Jarvis Jones, Junior, LB – Georgia Bulldogs
Between the Hedges >> Todd Gurley is one of five SEC freshmen to watch in Week 5