The Miami Heat’s players have continued to outdo themselves on the court, winning a second consecutive NBA Championship last season.
Now, it looks like the organization’s marketing department is about to step its game up as well. The Heat tip off the 2013-14 NBA season on Tuesday night against the Chicago Bulls, and all the stops are reportedly being pulled for what promises to be a visually spectacular opening ceremony.
Here are a few of the bullet points of the plans for Tuesday night, courtesy of the Heat’s official website:
• Doors open at 6:00 p.m., with Championship Ring Ceremony activities slated to begin at 7:15 p.m. The ceremony will feature a visually spectacular video display which transforms the surface of the HEAT court into a 3-D projection screen. Two separate video presentations will take fans on a journey through the HEAT regular season, highlighting the team’s milestones and accomplishments, including the 27-game winning streak, the brotherhood that developed between the players and the early rounds of the 2013 Playoffs, followed by a riveting video segment focused on Games 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals. HEAT Ownership, Basketball Operations personnel and the Coaching staff will receive their rings following the first video segment, while the HEAT players will be presented with their rings at the conclusion of the second video element.
• The night will be highlighted by the raising of the 2013 NBA Championship Banner to the rafters of AmericanAirlines Arena.
• The premiere of the 2013-14 Player Introduction Sequence will once again be set to the inspirational “Seven Nation Army” by the White Stripes and stars HEAT players training in a harsh setting under severe conditions that only they can withstand.
• Samsung Galaxy, the HEAT Opening Night Ring Ceremony presenting partner, will provide each fan with a unique lanyard and glow stick designed to allow fans to participate in the Ring Ceremony.
• The festivities will also include the debut of the Jostens Championship Ring Merchandise Collection, which will be available for purchase throughout the concourses and online at www.TheMiamiHEATStore.com immediately following the Ring Ceremony.
• Fans are encouraged to pick up their free copy of the special 100-page collector’s edition of Tipoff, the game day program.
• Fan favorite, 12-year-old Julia Dale, will sing the National Anthem.
That is all in just one night.
Not to be outdone by the show on the court, the food satisfying the palates of fans off the court is also worth mentioning.
The Heat have renovated their “Flagship Lounges.” The new lounges will feature “culinary collaborations” from some of South Florida’s top chefs.
The concessions have also been given a substantial, multi-million dollar upgrade. New “Flavor Zones” have been installed in American Airlines Arena, which will offer tastes from around the world.
One item in particular caught our eye: Brisket Cheesecake.
Food fit for a king, to go along with an opening night for The King.