It’s officially football season. It’s gameday. It’s time. The long offseason has finally come to an end. We could go on and on with excitement about how today is REALLY gameday (no, you are not dreaming).
Thursday marks the first day of the 2013 season, which also means the first gameday of the season. For those not lucky enough to drunkenly stooper into a game tonight, have no fear, we have got you covered.
Each week we will be providing you, the erstwhile member of Gamedayr Nation, with a Thursday night and Saturday night prime-time drinking game.
So grab the booze, call over the buddies and let’s start this party up!
After all, this game is Spurrier approved (we think).
You know how the Oregon Duck does pushups for every score? Well we’re doing the same … but with booze. Pick a team (or both if you’re feeling froggy) and drink its total score every time it puts up points. (Ex. First TD, you drink 7; second TD, drink 14; a FG after that, drink 17) You get the point.
2. Shot Alternative
Any time, instead of doing the pushup/accrued drinking, you can substitute a shot. This is recommended for those high-scoring and triple-OT games. Sometimes beer is filling, you know?
For some folks the above scoring will be enough. For the strong-willed and ironclad-livered, extra props are listed below. We like to provide you with a slew of options so that you can tailor the game to your crowd. Feel free to pick and choose
1. Game Play
- First Down (1 Drink every new set of downs)
- Fumble (3 Drinks)
- Interception (5 Drinks)
- Kickoff/Punt Return (Waterfall from kick to whistle)
- Footage from Campus and Around Town (1 Drink)
- In-game shot of the band or cheerleaders (2 Drinks)
- Sideline Report (3 Drinks)
- Show Schedule/Standings (4Drinks)
- Interview with Coach (5 Drinks)
- Guest in the Booth (10 Drinks)
4. North Carolina Tar Heels
- Basketball Mention (1 Drink)
- Athletic/Academic scandal (2 Drinks)
- Michael Jordan Name Drop (23 Drinks)
- Lawrence Taylor Name Drop (Text your little sister and make sure she’s okay)
5. South Carolina Gamecocks
- Marcus Lattimore Name Drop (1 Drink)
- Spurrier Throws His Visor (2 Drinks)
- Jadeveon Clowney (3 Drinks each time they show the Michigan tackle)
- Stephen Garcia Name Drop (STOP DRINKING! Find your car keys and throw them in the ice tray)
6. Physical Challenge
Bet how many times “Manziel” and “Johnny Football” are said. Closest to the pin wins. Loser(s) must carry a Sharpie and get signed by everyone at the bar/party.