Back to the future: Nike is going to re-release the Nike Air Trainer Max shoe from all the way back in 1991 on May 25, 2013.
They were Bo Jackson’s shoes when he was a two-sport star and the “Bo Knows” advertising campaign had taken the nation by storm.
Want to know some crazy events that took place when Bo was wearing these shoes? We thought so:
- January 8: Pan-Am airlines files for bankruptcy
- February 5: Dr. Jack Kevorkian can no longer assist in euthanasia
- February 27: Gulf War ends, and “Kuwait is liberated”
- March 3: Rodney King gets beat up by Los Angeles cops
- March 15: Germany formally regains complete independance
- April 17: Dow Jones finishes above 3,000 for first time ever
- June 12: Michael Jordan’s Bulls win the franchise’s first NBA Championship
- July 22: Serial murderer Jeffrey Dahmer arrested in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- August 23: The Super Nintendo was released in the States
- October 2: Arkansas governor Bill Clinton announced that he would be running for President
- November 7: Magic Johnson announces he has HIV
- December 25-26: Cold War effectively ends, Mikhail Gorbachev steps down, Soviet Union dissolves
Bo knows history.