The Warriors will be coming home to some very fancy and fresh new digs. Warriors.com unveiled these preliminary design renderings of what the new arena could potentially look like.
According to Warriors.com, the venue will be located on Piers 30-32 on the waterfront in San Francisco. Here’s a rundown of the design features.
- Venue Footprint: 170,000 square feet
- Venue Height: 125 feet. For reference, AT&T Park is 183 feet to the light standard, 132 feet to the top of the seating bowl
- Venue Seating Capacity: 17,500. For reference, the capacity of Oracle Arena is 19,596
- Venue Total Square Footage: (including practice facilities and team office space): 728,000 square feet
- Practice Courts: 21,000 square feet
- Parking Spaces: approximately 511. Piers 30-32 currently parks 1,500 cars
- Retail: 90,000 square feet
- Open Space: 333,000 square feet
- Open Space as Portion of Total Site Area: 333,000 square feet out of 548,500 square feet. The Warriors are committed to no less than 50 percent of the site being dedicated to open space
- Maritime Uses: Ferry landing, fire boat/fire station facility (accommodating three fire boats), water taxi landing, kayak docking
Judging from the photos, the franchise is looking to make a big statement with one of the most state-of-the-art arenas/stadiums in the country. Take a peek through the gallery and you’ll notice the inside of the arena will have a beautiful view of the Bay Bridge.
Photos via Warriors.com.