With each passing minute, the saga surrounding the Miami Dolphins, Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin seems to take a more unfortunate turn.
On Monday, we learned of racially-charged messages Incognito sent to Jonathan Martin. Martin left the team last week in the wake of Incognito’s actions, and now it seems as if the franchise is ready to pull the plug on Incognito altogether. According to sources of The Miami Herald, Incognito is “done” with the Dolphins.
“He’s done,” a ranking club source said Monday. “There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair. The NFL is involved. But from a club perspective he’ll never play another game here.”
While the Dolphins have requested a full review on the matter from the NFL, and will wait for its completion before making a final decision, the sources have told the Herald’s Armando Salguero that Incognito will never suit up for the franchise again.
Miami has two options: cut Incognito altogether, or deactivate him. No matter the route they decide to take, it’s clear that the guard has seen his last days in a Dolphins uniform.
Moving forward, it will be interesting to see if another franchise takes a stab at the controversial player, and if the NFL levies any sort of punishment.