Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crispy and chopped
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 6 scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tops off 2 heads garlic, drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil, wrap in foil; bake until tender, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy, and let cool.
- After 45 minutes, remove garlic from oven and let sit, until cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from skin, and reserve.
- In a large skillet over low heat, add 1 tbs olive oil.
- Once oil is hot, add onion and cook until caramelized (about 20 minutes).
- Add roasted garlic to caramelized onions; continue to cook (5-10 minutes).
- Transfer onion and garlic mixture to a large bowl; allow to cool.
- Add sour cream, mayo, dash Worcestershire sauce, bacon and scallions. Stir until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve warm or chilled, with potato chips.