Michigan State began play in a Spartan Stadium that held 14,000 people way back in 1923. Since that time, the stadium has undergone six expansions, eventually swelling to the 75,005 it stands at today.
Scheduled to begin construction in 2014, the Michigan State football stadium will be undergoing yet another huge makeover.
Michigan State’s Infrastructure, Planning and Facilities Committee outlines the benefits of the renovation to “provide an all-sports recruitment facility, campus-wide media center and new football locker rooms and support spaces.”
This project includes:
- a two-level addition
- adding recruiting rooms to the concourse level
- building new locker rooms and team spaces
- creating media center on the lower level of the addition
- adding future restrooms on the concourse level
- adding donor plazas at J and K gates
- renovating gates to comply with Homeland Security requirements.
[H/T: College football Reddit]