These sweet and tangy cocktail meatballs are a huge hit on gameday. This recipe is very easy to double, so if you’re really serving a crowd there will be plenty.
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- 1 large bag frozen meatballs (about 80 in a bag)
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 Tbs vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat cook onions in the oil, until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, ketchup and soy sauce; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Place frozen meatballs in a crockpot.
- Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Set crockpot on high and cook for 3 hours.
- Turn crockpot to warm and serve meatballs right out of the slow cooker, with toothpicks.