The Texas Longhorns have announced the eight members of their coaching search committee. According to the Houston Chronicle, each member was a part of the committee that hired Athletic Director Steve Patterson.
Below are the names and professions of the individuals responsible for hiring the Longhorns’ new head coach.
- Jed Hughes – Vice chairman with Korn Ferry executive search firm
- Steve Hicks – University of Texas regent
- Robert Stillwell – University of Texas regent
- Robert Rowling – Former Texas regent
- Pamela Willeford – Former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Michael Clement – University of Texas accounting professor
- Ricardo Hinojosa – Federal judge
- Charles Matthews – Former vice president of Exxon Mobil
Patterson recently unveiled his set of requirements for the next Texas coach. While he and the eight committee members narrow their list down, the Longhorns will be preparing for Mack Brown’s last stand at the Alamo Bowl against Oregon.