The 2014 NFL Draft is only two months out and closing fast, which means it is time for another update to Todd McShay’s mock draft board. For the third consecutive mock, McShay has a new player listed at No. 1. This time it’s UCF quarterback Blake Bortles – in his first two versions, the analyst had Teddy Bridgewater and Jadeveon Clowney going to the Texans.
In the second slot, Clowney slips down to the St. Louis Rams. Greg Robinson, who was projected second in version 2.0, has now fallen to sixth, and is expected to be selected by Atlanta.
Throughout the evaluation period, McShay has been soft on Johnny Manziel’s draft projection (at least compared to his ESPN cohort, Mel Kiper), and that holds firm once again. McShay lists Manziel as the third quarterback taken, going fourth to the Cleveland Browns. Teddy Bridgewater is expected to go third to Jacksonville.
Below is a rundown of the top-10 picks in McShay’s 3.0 NFL mock:
- Blake Bortles (QB) – Houston Texans
- Jadeveon Clowney (DE) – St. Louis Rams
- Teddy Bridgewater (QB) – Jacksonville Jaguars
- Johnny Manziel (QB) – Cleveland Browns
- Sammy Watkins (WR) – Oakland Raiders
- Greg Robinson (OT) – Atlanta Falcons
- Khalil Mack (LB) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Justin Gilbert (CB) – Minnesota Vikings
- Jake Matthews (OT) – Buffalo Bills
- Mike Evans (WR) – Detroit Lions