The Tulsa Golden Hurricane beat UCF to win the Conference USA title and then whooped the Big 12’s Iowa State in the Liberty Bowl to round out an 11-win 2012 season.
All eyes will be on the program to repeat in 2013, but those watching may need a pair of sunglasses. Tulsa became the latest team to jump on the chrome helmet bandwagon with the photo you see above. This gold chrome lid is set to be officially unveiled during the Golden Hurricane’s Media Days on Tuesday.
We’re liking the facemask. The chrome all the way through is a nice touch.
What do you think about the design? Sound off in the comments below!
More Wild Helmets:
- Oregon brings the next generation to ESPN’s Car Wash
- Baylor’s new chrome practically glows
- Memphis Tigers get shiny
- Western Kentucky joins the fun
- Indiana’s candy canes dome-pieces are priceless
- What’s better? Mississippi State’s golds or Ole Miss’ silvers?
- Miami of Ohio’s Zubaz helmets are the greatest/worst ever
- South Carolina goes crazy new-school
- Is Auburn going chrome as well?