There are a few things that we find particularly funny about watching 7-foot Dirk Nowitzki flopping during a charity soccer game in Germany.
- Europeans take a lot of flak for being the most notorious floppers in the NBA, and here’s Dirk showing us all where he learned how to do it.
- The defender is literally three feet away from Dirk, at least.
- Did he just pretend to flop after tripping over himself? And yes, we just used the term “pretended to flop,” just enjoy the humor of it all.
- This was a charity exhibition with absolutely no competitive reason to flop.
- This would be even more funny if it were Vlade Divac hitting the turf — now there’s a man who knew how to flop in his day.
- Did we mention that this was for charity?
So, yeah, Dirk flopped — and he was awarded a penalty and would actually go on to score immediately afterwards. Good times overseas right here.
Unfortunately, and despite the fortuitous flop, the “Nowitzki’s All-Stars” still fell 8-7 to “Manuel Neuer and Friends.”