Yahoo! Sports has introduced its mock draft of the NFL’s first round, and just like in college, the SEC has dominated the charts.
Five college football stars taken in the first 10 picks in this early mock-up are SEC players (Texas A&M and Alabama to be far more precise) and 14 of the 32 total will have played in the Southeastern Conference.
Asterisks denote players that are currently underclassmen and could thus remain in school for another year should they so desire, and the ‘P’ following teams’ names are the teams currently slotted for a playoff berth.
Is your favorite player a first-round talent?
1. Kansas City Luke Joeckel* OT Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Bjoern Werner* DE Florida State
3. Oakland Manti Te’o* MLB Notre Dame
4. Philadelphia Chance Warmack OG Alabama
5. Carolina Star Lotulelei DT Utah
6. San Diego Jake Matthews* OT Texas A&M
7. Cleveland DeMontre Moore* DE Texas A&M
8. Tennessee Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
9. Arizona Geno Smith QB West Virginia
10. Detroit Dee Milliner* CB Alabama
11. Buffalo Matt Barkley QB USC
12. New Orleans DaMontre Moore* DE Texas A&M
13. Miami Sam Montgomery* OLB LSU
14. NY Jets Dion Jordan* OLB Oregon
15. St. Louis Taylor Lewan* OT Michigan
16. Tampa Bay Johnathan Banks CB Mississippi St.
17. St. Louis (from WSH) Keenan Allen* WR California
18. Dallas Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
19. Minnesota Sheldon Richardson* DT Missouri
20. Cincinnati Kenny Vaccaro SAF Texas
21(P) Pittsburgh Uday Aboushi OT Virginia
22(P) Seattle Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
23(P) NY Giants Tyler Eifert* TE Notre Dame
24(P) Indianapolis Jonathan Hankins* DT Ohio State
25(P) Chicago D.J. Fluker* OT Alabama
26(P) Green Bay Barrett Jones C / OG Alabama
27(P) San Francisco Jesse Williams DT Alabama
28(P) Denver John Jenkins DT Georgia
29(P) Baltimore Jarvis Jones* OLB Georgia
30(P) New England Ezekial Ansah OLB BYU
31(P) Atlanta Zach Ertz* TE Stanford
32(P) Houston Robert Woods* WR USC
What do you think about this list Gamedayrs? Is your favorite team potentially in line to take the right guy? Let us know in the comments below!
Latest from around Gamedayr >> College football expert Mike Huguenin ranks all 35 bowl games from worst to first