Remember these guys Gator Nation? Not too shabby of a college basketball team. All they did was win back-to-back national titles in 2006 and 2007, becoming the first team since Duke in 1991-92 to repeat.
This team was also the first in NCAA history to repeat with the same starting line-up.
Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer, Al Horford, Taurean Green and Chris Richard were all drafted in the 2007 NBA Draft in the first two rounds.
Horford, Brewer and Noah were selected third, seventh and ninth overall, respectively, marking the first time in NCAA history a team had three players selected in the Top 10.
Green and Richard were drafted in the second round.
Tonight, in the 2012 edition of the NBA Draft, Florida’s standout freshman Bradley Beal will join the ranks of these former Gators in the NBA. He is projected to be selected in the Top 5, where he would become the the 10th Gator all-time drafted in the first round.
While you are waiting to hear where Beal is selected tonight, take a minute to appreciate the Florida Gators Dream Team from the 2007 NBA Draft. These guys were the ultimate package that transcended the college basketball world.
Throwback Thursday Archive
- 2006 Florida Gators Defense
- 1977 Marquette Golden Eagles vs 2006 Florida Gators
- 1996 Florida Gators Offense
- 2006-2007 Florida Gators Ballers – Where are they now?
- 2000 Florida Gators Final Four Basketball Team
- There’s a New Taylor in Town
- 2000-2007 Gator First-Round NFL Draft Picks
- Not Much Chompin’ in the 2012 Draft
- An Ode to Al Horford
- Even Gators “Wanna Be Like Mike”
- UF Hall of Famer Udonis Haslem
- Former Gator All-American Matt LaPorta
- Pint-Sized Florida Gators Baseball Legend David Eckstein
- Rompin’ in the Swamp with Peyton Manning
- Bayou Bengals Crashin’ the Swamp, Florida vs LSU Rivalry
Gamedayr.com does not own, or claim rights to, this photo. Photo provided by GatorZone.com.