Here’s a different way to serve up a classic appetizer: Deviled Eggs as a dip! All of the flavors that you love, easily served on a crisp cracker.
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Paprika (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water, so that there is 1 inch of water above eggs.
- Add vinegar; bring to a rapid boil.
- Cover the saucepan and remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from eggs and run them under cold water.
- Shake the pan vigorously to crack the shells; let the eggs cool in the water for a few minutes.
- Peel the shell off the eggs; cut eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Remove egg yolks and place in a food processor.
- Coarsely chop half of the egg whites; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the other half of egg whites to the food processor with the yolks.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard to food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into large bowl with chopped egg whites; stir until well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold with crackers; garnish with paprika, if desired.