Football season means it is time to tailgate, and no gameday is complete without bacon! Here is your bacon tailgating recipe of the week.
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 round loaf of bread, unsliced
- 2 cups (8 oz) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 oz) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 10 bacon slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove bacon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, using a cerated knife, slice the top quarter off the loaf of bread and set aside. Carefully hollow out the inside, leaving a 1 inch shell. Cube removed bread and set aside for dipping.
- Reserve three slices of the cooked bacon (for step 8). Once cool, crumble the remaining bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, mayo, onion, garlic, and cajun seasoning; stir until well combined.
- Spoon cheese mixture into bread bowl and place it on a foiled baking sheet.
- Cover dip with the top quarter of the bread and bake for 20 minutes; remove top of bread and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove bread bowl and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Crumble the remaining three slices of cooked bacon and use to garnish.
- Serve with bread cubes and crackers.